3DGameMan Crossfire Video Review - Winning the 100% Kickass Award
Best Performance in Stalker Clear Sky Gaming environment - TechPowerUp
Winning the Elite Performance Award from Elitebastards.com
" All I can tell you is that HIS' Radeon HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo packs enough performance to outstrip a reference GeForce GTX 260......I know I've said it before, but 1920x1200 with 8x multi-sampling is where it's at for me right now, and HIS provides that luxurious configuration in the majority of situations. " - Elitebastards Review
Winning the Hardwarezone's Four Stars Best of the Best Award from Hardwarezone Singapore
" The HIS Radeon HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo, with its new and improved IceQ 4+ cooler also performed admirably. It recorded 61 degrees Celsius, making it the coolest card here and among the Radeon HD 4870 group in particular......All things considered, this is a solid card and is easily one of the better Radeon HD 4870 cards that we have tested. It provides a marked increase in performance, and manages to significantly reduce operating temperatures. "
The return of The Legend - IceQ 4+ Cooling Technology!
HIS IceQ 4+ is the revision of the 4th generation of IceQ cooling technology, which is endorsed by the media worldwide. Thanks to the newly designed dual heatpipes and heatsinks, the cooling capacity is increase by up to 60%! Thicker spreader and heatpipes are used to allow a more even heat distribution among the fins. Spreader is the metal base of the heatsink. In IceQ4+, 8 mm instead of 6 mm diameter heatpipes are used to enhance thermal transfer efficiency.
HIS IceQ 4 effectively dissipate the heat from the GPU, thus enabling it for high levels of performance. It cools down the GPU temperature dramatically when compare with the reference cooler, allow you to maximize your overclocking potential. What's more? The ultra silent and durable fan delivers ultra-quiet and stable gaming environment for enthusiast gamer.
Heat transfers rapidly out of GPU and reduces temperature faster.
Cool down the droom to overclock and run chip faster; provides more headroom to overclock and run faster.
Operates with lower noise level than original cooler.
- Efficient transfer of heat outside of computer case
Cool air is drawn from both sides of the fan and hot air is forced out of the computer case. This ensures effective cooling when there is another card in front blocking the fan inlet, such as in CrossFire setup
- Crossfire Advantage
Ensure you can conveniently connect the CrossFire cable to run a CrossFire setup.
- Silent and durable fan
Significantly reduce noise level and extend service life
- Isolated heatsinks
memory and GPU heatsinks are completely separated, preventing any heat transfer from GPU to memory. Memory heatsink is actively cooled by air stream from main cooler.
Turbo-charge your gaming environment
HIS take an already great product and make it better. The IceQ Turbo models are bios-overclocked out of the box. For the TurboX models we push the core clock even further to its limit, deliver the ultimate gaming experience!
Turbo - You can benefit by a manufacture pre-overclock graphics card with the balance of the best performance and cooling effect.
Heat transfers rapidly out of GPU and reduces temperature faster
In order to improve the power capacity, we have changed from simple extrusion heatsink to stacked fins with bigger surface area to improve the heat transfer efficiency significantly. Thicker spreader and heatpipes are also used to allow a more even heat distribution among the fins. Spreader is the metal base of the heatsink.
|IceQ 4 - Dual Heatpipes (6mm diameter)||IceQ 4+ - Dual Heatpipes (8mm diameter)
Redesigned layout with thicker heatpipe and increase the cooling performance by up to 60%!
Cool air is drawn from both sides of the fan and hot air is forced out of the computer case. This ensures effective cooling when there is another card in front blocking the fan inlet, such as in CrossFire setup. Memory and GPU heatsinks are completely separated, preventing any heat transfer from GPU to memory. Memory heatsink is actively cooled by air stream from main cooler.In IceQ 4+, the memory and VRM components are directly cooled by a metal base plate.
Cooling Performance - IceQ 4+ vs Single Slot Cooler
By expelling the hot air, IceQ 4 removes all the heat generated by the GPU out of the computer chassis, prevents the hot air from accumulating inside and enhancing the overall stability. The more crowded the chassis, the greater will be the impact.
|Single Card Setup||Crossfire Modle Setup|
The demonstration shows that the IceQ 4+ does outperform the 3rd party cooler in closed environment. Cool air is drawn from both sides of the fan and hot air is forced out of the computer case. This ensures effective cooling when there is another card in front blocking the fan inlet, such as in CrossFire setup.
Even through the cooling capacity is increase by up to 60% when compare with IceQ 4 Cooler, the noise level is still supress to the minimum, nearly half of the sound level when compare with AMD reference cooler!
HIS IceQ is also UV sensitive, enhancing the gamers' UV light case
- IceQ 4 Cooling Technology
- Faster, Cooler, Quieter, Crossfire Advantage, UV Sensitive
- Powered by Radeon® HD 4870 GPU
- 956 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- 800 stream processing units
- DirectX® 10.1
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- Use up to four discrete cards with an AMD 790FX based motherboard
- Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- The HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 4000/ 3000 series (Product Code: HHDMI4071) is required to fully utilize the audio through HDMI features
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
HIS PRODUCTS ADVANTAGE
- HIS delivers Faster, Cooler, Quieter plus the best quality product!
- Professional customer service and technical support
|Model Name||HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo (Full HD 1080p) HDMI 1GB (256bit) GDDR5 Dual DL-DVI & TV (HDCP) PCIe (RoHS)|
|Chipset||Radeon HD 4800 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 4870 GPU|
|Pixel Pipelines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Vertex Engines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||55nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||1024|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||770|
|Memory CLK (MHz)||4000|
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Max. Resolution||1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
|Power Supply Requirement||500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)|
|HDTV (YPrPb component output)||No|
- ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card are required
For more information, please visit the following link:
Redefine HD Gaming
The ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPUs deliver a cinematic gaming experience with unprecedented performance. The powerful new TeraScale graphics will propel you deep into your gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions. Enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Play today while preparing for tomorrow with tessellation, support for DirectX® 10.1 and scalable ATI CrossFireXTM technology.
ATI AvivoTM HD Technology
ATI AvivoTM HD is the advanced image and video processing and display technology found in ATI RadeonTM HD GPUs and ATI TheaterTM video capture processors. Specifically designed for HDTV and HD video enthusiasts, ATI Avivo HD provides brilliant colors, sharp images, smooth playback of Blu-rayTM* and HD video content, HDMI with built-in multi-channel digital audio, and on some GPUs, Unified Video Decoding (UVD). UVD is designed to enable a cool and quiet media PC with low CPU power requirements and playback of HD 1080p content. HD Monitor is required for full 1080p enjoyment.
* The HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 4000/ 3000 series is required to fully utilize the audio through HDMI features
HDMI Video and Audio
A system with an ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series graphics card can help enhance the HD entertainment experience by providing a seamless connection to an HDTV or home theater system. With built-in 7.1 surround sound audio (AC3 / DTS ), the new GPUs and graphics cards support single cable connection directly to a compatible HDTV, projector or receiver. This single cable carries both the HD video and 8 channel audio for a clean, high definition connection. Some graphics cards will be equipped with an HDMI connector, while others will output the HDMI signal using a special ATI Radeon DVI-I to HDMI adapter. These options give consumers more options and flexibility when connecting their PCs to monitors or home theaters for maximum enjoyment of HD content. The new GPU also supports xvYCC color which can display a wider range of color when connected to capable HDTVs.
* The HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 4000/ 3000 series (Product Code: HHDMI4071) is required to fully utilize the audio through HDMI features
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series GPUs offer full support for the new DirectX® 10 and DirectX® 10.1 API (Application Program Interface) from Microsoft; ready to meet the demanding needs of new, next generation games. DirectX 10 is the first totally new DirectX in the last 4 years and brings important graphics innovations that can be used by game developers for the next generation of games. DirectX 10 introduces crisp, never-beforeseen detail-rich images, visual effects and game dynamics capable of accurately simulating the real world. No matter which ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series GPU you choose, you can be assured that games will look as good as the developer intended!
ATI CrossFireXTM Technology
ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU technology takes your gaming experience to the next level with superb scalability, performance and compatibility. The technology combines the awe-inspiring capabilities of multiple ATI RadeonTM graphics cards and an ATI CrossFireX ready motherboard to meet the hard-core demands of your alternate reality. New ATI RadeonTM HD graphics cards are designed with an internal ATI CrossFireTM Bridge Interconnect system to simplify installation.
Microsoft® Windows Vista®
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series graphics cards provide support for the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system and take advantage of the Windows AeroTM graphical interface. You will be amazed by the dazzling 3D visual effects and have peace of mind that the ATI CatalystTM software and drivers are designed and thoroughly tested to ensure full compatibility and stability to help keep you up and running. All these new technologies and features make the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series of GPUs the ideal solution for ultimate HD gaming and HD video entertainment with the Windows Vista OS
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 - GPU Specifications
- 956 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
- 256-bit GDDR3/4/5 memory interface
- Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
- Shader Model 4.1
- 32-bit floating point texture filtering
- Indexed cube map arrays
- Independent blend modes per render target
- Pixel coverage sample masking
- Read/write multi-sample surfaces with shaders
- Gather4 texture fetching
- Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture
- 800 stream processing units
- Dynamic load balancing and resource allocation for vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
- Common instruction set and texture unit access supported for all types of shaders
- Dedicated branch execution units and texture address processors
- 128-bit floating point precision for all operations
- Command processor for reduced CPU overhead
- Shader instruction and constant caches
- Up to 160 texture fetches per clock cycle
- Up to 128 textures per pixel
- Fully associative multi-level texture cache design
- DXTC and 3Dc+ texture compression
- High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)
- Fully associative texture Z/stencil cache designs
- Double-sided hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
- Re-Z, and Z Range optimization
- Lossless Z & stencil compression (up to 128:1)
- Lossless color compression (up to 8:1)
- Up to 8 render targets (MRTs) with anti-aliasing
- Accelerated physics processing
- 800 stream processing units
- Dynamic Geometry Acceleration
- High performance vertex cache
- Programmable tessellation unit
- Accelerated geometry shader path for geometry amplification
- Memory read/write cache for improved stream output performance
- Anti-aliasing features
- Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
- Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for improved quality
- Adaptive super-sampling and multi-sampling
- Gamma correct
- Super AA (ATI CrossFireX™ configurations only)
- All anti-aliasing features compatible with HDR rendering
- Texture filtering features
- 2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes (up to 128 taps per pixel)
- 128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
- sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
- Percentage Closer Filtering (PCF)
- Depth & stencil texture (DST) format support
- Shared exponent HDR (RGBE 9:9:9:5) texture format support
- OpenGL 2.1 support
- ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display Platform6
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) for H.264/AVC, VC-1, and MPEG-2 video formats
- High definition (HD) playback of Blu-ray and HD DVD video
- Dual stream (HD+SD) playback support
- DirectX Video Acceleration 1.0 & 2.0 support
- Support for BD-Live certified applications
- Hardware DivX and MPEG-1 video decode acceleration
- Accelerated video transcoding & encoding for H.264 and MPEG-2 formats
- ATI Avivo Video Post Processor6
- Color space conversion
- Chroma subsampling format conversion
- Horizontal and vertical scaling
- Gamma correction
- Advanced vector adaptive per-pixel de-interlacing
- De-blocking and noise reduction filtering
- Detail enhancement
- Color vibrance and flesh tone correction
- Inverse telecine (2:2 and 3:2 pull-down correction)
- Bad edit correction
- Enhanced DVD upscaling (SD to HD)
- Automatic dynamic contrast adjustment
- Two independent display controllers
- Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display
- Full 30-bit display processing
- Programmable piecewise linear gamma correction, color correction, and color space conversion
- Spatial/temporal dithering provides 30-bit color quality on 24-bit and 18-bit displays
- High quality pre- and post-scaling engines, with underscan support for all display outputs
- Content-adaptive de-flicker filtering for interlaced displays
- Fast, glitch-free mode switching
- Hardware cursor
- Two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs
- Each supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)2
- Each includes a dual-link HDCP encoder with on-chip key storage for high resolution playback of protected content3
- Two integrated 400 MHz 30-bit RAMDACs
- Each supports analog displays connected by VGA at all resolutions up to 2048x15362
- DisplayPort output support
- 24- and 30-bit displays at all resolutions up to 2560x16002
- HDMI output support
- All display resolutions up to 1920x10802
- Integrated HD audio controller with support for stereo and multi-channel (up to 7.1) audio formats, including AC-3, AAC, DTS, DTS-HD & Dolby True-HD4, enabling a plug-and-play audio solution over HDMI
- Integrated AMD Xilleon™ HDTV encoder
- Provides high quality analog TV output (component/S-video/composite)
- Supports SDTV and HDTV resolutions
- Underscan and overscan compensation
- Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time
- VGA mode support on all display outputs
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) for H.264/AVC, VC-1, and MPEG-2 video formats
- ATI PowerPlay™ Technology5
- Advanced power management technology for optimal performance and power savings
- Constantly monitors GPU activity, dynamically adjusting clocks and voltage based on user scenario
- Clock and memory speed throttling
- Voltage switching
- Dynamic clock gating
- Central thermal management – on-chip sensor monitors GPU temperature and triggers thermal actions as required
- ATI CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology
- Scale up rendering performance and image quality with two, three, or four GPUs
- Integrated compositing engine
- High performance dual channel bridge interconnect1
September 14th, 2010 at 07:11 am By Bayu
i will buy this card next month, it design was good, and the performance will kickass my old PCI-E Nvidia. GOOD HIS!
November 30th, 2009 at 01:24 pm By eric kellstrom
I used this card in my first ground-up
build, WOW what a great choice!
HIS hit the mark with this card.
I wish I had orderd 2 for crossfire.
I've search everywhere but all sold out!
Please tell me where I can buy another
Everone else must have bought 2 and now
theres none left for me.
September 19th, 2009 at 04:26 pm By Khubaib
One of the best cards I ever used....
August 25th, 2009 at 12:04 pm By Hitachi654
I have not bought this product yet and i want it so bad.
August 17th, 2009 at 06:27 pm By shehroze malik
i just got my hands on iceq4+ 4870,it is an amazing card much better than my 3870 ati,
dont WASTE your money on Nivida as you can get more for paying way less
May 16th, 2009 at 07:50 pm By yavuz
Ürün mükemmel performanslı ve güçlü.tüm oyuları en yüksek gragikte açabiliyorum.
February 16th, 2009 at 11:47 pm By JAMES SMALLS
MY AGP 3850 IS SWEET IT WAS AGOOD FIRST STEP.MY NEWT STEP IS 3 4870 Q4'S BY THE END OF THIS MONTH WILL THEY RUN ON PCI-EXP V1.0 2 WILL SET TO BE CROSSFIRE . ALL WILL BE FOLDING
February 6th, 2009 at 06:53 am By marco
i brazilian and i has purchase this video card....men...
101% KICKASS OMG !!!!!
IS THE BEST CARD =D
January 24th, 2009 at 07:20 am By VJ87
Ever since the 4800 series came out i was waiting for the ICEQ versions from HIS, but sadly i couldn't find any HIS product here in South Africa until now. The thing is i also couldn't wait and had to go buy a standard MSI4850(only one available at that current time). I really think HIS has the BEST ATi products here, and am very UNhappy not to have one of these insanely beautiful HIS 4800 cards with the ICEQ4 cooler and blue board in my hands to show off with. Would have looked awesome with my Blue LED case fans!! I swear i would give my current one away for one of those!! Please HIS, send me one if possible...just kidding(but seriously if you can i would love you forever!!!)(Me==>the greatest ATi fan ever!!) :D
January 19th, 2009 at 07:06 am By Tray-dogg [TD]
This card is realy amazing!!! i had the 3k series first, the 3870IceQ3 turbo. now i own 1 of these baby's and it is a massive improvement in everything, especialy the cooling i just love it. if you are looking for a great card that cools well witout having to look for aftermarket cooling i suggest u get this baby. it is almost as u had antartica in your system :p. nice job HIS
January 15th, 2009 at 04:28 am By O.R.
This looks...amazing. Core Clock 770 MHz, and 4000 MHz memory clock, it's really really great. I'm building a new system, since the one I have now it's 8 years old... I've chosen to go with the HIS products, as video card, but since I don't have the money to get this graphic card, I'll go with the HD 4670, it's the only one I can get now ;)) But really, this card looks like every gamers dream...I know mine is... And if you guys want a really good card, and you can buy it, don't think about it, just buy it... as far as I saw, this is...everything you need in a good multimedia system...
Post your comment
HIS has won over 1700 awards with AMD graphic solution from major media worldwide.
" Should you need more performance you can easily overclock the card well beyond 800 MHz - our sample managed 835 MHz which is quite close to the clocks of the RV790 reference (850 MHz)......I ran a few quick tests with a custom fan profile and could get the card to run at noise levels that I consider very quiet - even under full load. " - Techpowerup Scores 8.2 out of 10, Recommended Award
" The cooling performance of the IceQ 4+ is quite impressive. General range of reference HD 4870 products are around 90c. The Viperlair Editor's Choice
runs at a much cooler 81c under full load. Average temperature moving from games to Windows and so forth kept the card at a constant 57c to 62c under real-world conditions......Clearly, the HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo is a big step up from the NVIDIA 8800 GTX " -
" The His HD4870 IceQ 4+ is one of the fastest single-GPU cards around and it comes at a very good price......In real-life gaming it produced an average frame rate of 47fps in World in Conflict and 65.49fps in Far Cry 2. At higher resolutions it is still impressive; 59fps for Far Cry 2 at 1,920x1,200 is still very playable. " - 4 stars out of 5, review by ComputerActive
" It is one of the fastest single core HD4870s thanks to the extra memory and slightly overclocked core and memory engines working to good effect......Performance wise the HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo certainly gives plenty of bang for the buck. Testing it in 3Dmark06 gave an impressive score of 16,130 marks at a 1,280 x 1,024 pixel resolution " - IT Reviews Recommended Awards
" The fantastic cooling system does a very good job of keeping the card rolling along at a low temperature. It wasn't the quietest card during our Crysis sound tests, although the 46-48dB generated by our test PC during normal use was very quiet indeed......it generates some very good framerates and it finishes marginally ahead of the more expensive GeForce GTX 260......This HIS card is the best deal on offer here" - PC Advisor's Best Buy Award
" For users who want a graphic solution from Performance segment with exceptional test results, HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo is one of the best options now " - XtremPC Review
" Crysis worked very well for ATI, showing all the power of HIS 4800 on top of Crysis, as we see some results with resolutions up to 20% higher (compare with GeForce GTX 260 216 Cores). Note that the difference between 4870 to 1GB of 512Mb for nearly 10% in the highest resolutions........This review is based on the test of a HIS Radeon HD4870 1GB IceQ 4 Turbo, being HIS among the best ATI AIB partners when it comes to product quality, always aiming diferencials, mainly the cooling system of the cards and overclocked models. " - Adrenaline's Recommended Award
" Things were even more promisinh on Company of Heroes, with a great score of 57.1 FPS which is concidentally the highest in all reviewed HD 4870 cards......Next, we have Crysis where the card performed just as well, giving us an overall frame rate of 34.83 FPS with everything pushed to High, 2X AA running at 1680x1050 resolution...... " - Scores 8.5 out of 10 Points! HWM Silver Award
Testseek Good Buy Award
" We got the first results from synthetic tests, where 3DMark06 sees HIS beat the GTX 260......The following game, HIS card’s higher clocks result in up to 5% better scores compared to the reference HD 4870, and our additional overclocking clearly proves that HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo has what it takes to lock horns with the GTX 260. " - Review by Fudzilla
" HIS’ generous memory and excellent cooling system make this the best 4870 we’ve seen yet. " - Review by PC Advisor
" Now I have had the pleasure of using HIS HD 4870 ICEQ 4 + Turbo for a while and is still impressed with the service that really is top class. HIS HD 4870 ICEQ 4 + Turbo is clearly ahead of all other cards that were used in the comparison...... I am 120% satisfied " - Scores 87% by Tweak.dk
" The temperature of the GPU on the HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ was significantly lower than on the 4870 with reference cooler. The memory also was cooled a lot better.......We still feel that the performance boost combined with the excellent cooling more than makes up for the price difference. " Scores 8.5 out of 10 and a Bjorn3d Seal of Approval
" HIS has done a good job with the IceQ4+ TURBO model and if you're looking for a HD 4870 that packs a bit more punch than the standard model, it's a very good choice. If you're also willing to spend a few more dollars when compared to the 9800 GTX+ then it's also a very good choice with it performing better most of the time...... " - TweakTown's "Must Have" Editor's Choice
Faster " Across the board we continue to see the HD 4870 IceQ4+ TURBO performing very well against the 9800 GTX+ "
Cooler " The non-reference cooler on hand manages to make temps a little lower when compared to the 9800 GTX+ and about 10% lower compared to the lower end HD 4850. "
Quieter: " The cooler that HIS uses is excellent when it comes to noise levels with it being the quietest card here. "
" 配合IceQ 4+ 散熱器所採用的4-pin 風扇，支援自動控速機制，測試時核心閒置及負載溫度僅分別為43°C及58°C，表現不俗。此外，風扇在負載時，噪音伋然不明顯，與公版的極高噪音構成頗大對比。最後，由於此卡己預設超頻，故其效能自然比公版來得強勁 " - Ezone Review Scores 40 marks!
" 整體用料可算極佳......HIS 亦在DVI介面作鍍金處理，提高顯示卡的格調。"
" HIS IceQ4 publish + Turbo with the well-known IceQ cooler. With approximately 52 degrees Celsius in idle and about 70 degrees under load, this version keeps the temperature is still significantly lower than the standard version from ATI. " - User Profile Award
" The improvements resulting from the increased clock speeds on the HIS Radeon HD 4870 1GB IceQ4+ Turbo amount to a five percent performance enhancement at 1,680 x 1,050 0xAA 16xAF with high in-game details. This makes HIS's card around six percent faster than Nvidia's similarly priced GeForce GTX 260-216. " - Bit-Tech
" The conclusion can be quite simple. Of course HIS has another classic in their hands with this ICE4+ Turbo model. It also has a little extra bite against the GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 cards as it was overclocked slightly......The Radeon HD 4870 1024MB IceQ4+ Turbo is next to being a mouth full of words, worth every penny and there's no doubt in my mind you'll absolutely adore playing your games with it as it'll guarantee you high framerates, high resolutions and high image quality at a very fair price. It's an absolutely lovely product. " - Guru3D Recommended
" 在Crysis Warhead - Gamer (1920x1200/8AA) 實測中, HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 比 MSI 4870 表現高出13fps, 溫度更低8-12°C" - PCDIY Editor Choice
4870 IceQ 4+ Crossfire Video Review - 3Dgameman 100% Kickass Award
" The game runs exceptionally well on the IceQ4+ Turbo which again continues to demonstrate its advantage over the reference model. FPS fails to drop below 68 throughout testing in this game which should fulfill the demands of any gamer...... The IceQ 4+ cooler on the card is one of the highlights of the unit and performs up to our expectations, a whole 10c lower than the Sapphire 4870 Toxic " - Driverheaven's Editors Choice
" Very Good Performance! Low temperatures up to only 61-62 ° C and good susceptibility to overclocking, that is also big advantages of the card. " - Benchmark.pl Good Product Award
" All other cards being beaten by IceQ 4. Running in 42 ° C with Vista is very fresh, and quite excellent. HIS Bravo! In all cases, the system IceQ 4 is really one of the best level for cooling RV 770 of our day, temperatures are proof, and the assembly quality is perfect."
" I have to congratulate HIS for producing such a fine graphics card. It's one of the fastest single GPU Radeon HD 48xx graphics card that we've tested to date.....At its current price, it offers good value for money with excellent performance. It's definitely worth considering if you're a mainstream to high-end gamer. " - CPU3D's Highly Recommended Award
" 此片 HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 採用上全新 IceQ4+ 散熱器，其散熱效能比 IceQ4 及市面不少散熱器均有過之而無不及，加上核心超頻後其繪圖效能亦見提升，假如用家打算購買 Radeon HD 4870 繪圖卡， HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 是值得考慮之選...... 測試顯示，在3D Rendering 的環境中，HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ 比 4870 Reference Cooler 低21°C" - HKEPC Highly Recommended Award
" The HIS Radeon HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo, with its new and improved IceQ 4+ cooler also performed admirably. It recorded 61 degrees Celsius, making it the coolest card here and among the Radeon HD 4870 group in particular......All things considered, this is a solid card and is easily one of the better Radeon HD 4870 cards that we have tested. It provides a marked increase in performance, and manages to significantly reduce operating temperatures. " - Hardwarezone's Four Stars Best of the Best Award
Winning the Elite Bastards' Performance Award
" All I can tell you is that HIS' Radeon HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo packs enough performance to outstrip a reference GeForce GTX 260......I know I've said it before, but 1920x1200 with 8x multi-sampling is where it's at for me right now, and HIS provides that luxurious configuration in the majority of situations. "
" HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo frequently easily outperforming NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 260, which once again establishes the Radeon HD 4870 as the place to go if you want the best match of anti-aliasing performance and image quality possible."
" HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo beating out a reference AMD board by 3.5% while leaving the GeForce GTX 260 some 7% behind in performance terms. "
" HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo makes a damn good attempt, performing 4.5% faster than a reference AMD board and a massive 24% quicker than the GeForce GTX 260. "
" The HIS 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo nails the Zotac GTX260 by a significant margin in both 3DMark05 and 3DMark06.......This combined with the stunning look and performance of the IceQ4+ cooler that kept the GPU temperatures well under 60C at all times and noise levels to little more than a whisper certainly makes the card worth every penny.......beating the GTX260 216 in several games!..... Across all resolutions in the HIS 4870 IceQ4+ Turbo wipes the floor with the GTX260" Overclock3D's Best in Class Award