Introducing the best and fastest platform for DirectX 10.1 Gaming!
Best Performance in 3DMark06 amongst the single GPU market!
" Benchmark provided by Benchmark.pl"
Best performance in Gaming amongst single GPU market
" Benchmark provided by Benchmark.pl"
" Benchmark by Tweakup.dk "
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series Key Features
- 1 GB of GDDR5 memory
- DirectX® 10.1 support
- 800 stream processing units
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- Quad mode ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
- ATI AvivoTM HD video and display technology
- Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) for Blu-rayTM and HD Video
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT)
- DVD Upscaling
- Dynamic Contrast
- Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- The HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 4000/ 3000 series (Product Code: HHDMI4071) is required to fully utilize the audio through HDMI features
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlayTM technology
- ATI Stream technology
|Model Name||HIS HD 4890 (Full HD 1080p) HDMI 1GB (256bit) GDDR5 Dual DL-DVI & TV (HDCP) PCIe (RoHS)
|Chipset||Radeon HD 4800 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 4890 GPU|
|Pixel Pipelines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Vertex Engines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||55nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||1024|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||850
|Memory CLK (Gbps)||3.9Gbps
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Power Supply Requirement||500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)|
|Max. Resolution||Two x 2560*1600 (Dual dual-link)|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
|HDTV (YPrPb component output)||No|
- ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card are required
Redefine HD Gaming
The ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPUs deliver a cinematic gaming experience with unprecedented performance. The powerful new TeraScale graphics will propel you deep into your gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions. Enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Play today while preparing for tomorrow with tessellation, support for DirectX® 10.1 and scalable ATI CrossFireXTM technology.
ATI AvivoTM HD Technology
ATI AvivoTM HD is the advanced image and video processing and display technology found in ATI RadeonTM HD GPUs and ATI TheaterTM video capture processors. Specifically designed for HDTV and HD video enthusiasts, ATI Avivo HD provides brilliant colors, sharp images, smooth playback of Blu-rayTM* and HD video content, HDMI with built-in multi-channel digital audio, and on some GPUs, Unified Video Decoding (UVD). UVD is designed to enable a cool and quiet media PC with low CPU power requirements and playback of HD 1080p content. HD Monitor is required for full 1080p enjoyment.
HDMI Video and Audio
A system with an ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series graphics card can help enhance the HD entertainment experience by providing a seamless connection to an HDTV or home theater system. With built-in 7.1 surround sound audio (AC3 / DTS ), the new GPUs and graphics cards support single cable connection directly to a compatible HDTV, projector or receiver. This single cable carries both the HD video and 8 channel audio for a clean, high definition connection. Some graphics cards will be equipped with an HDMI connector, while others will output the HDMI signal using a special ATI Radeon DVI-I to HDMI adapter. These options give consumers more options and flexibility when connecting their PCs to monitors or home theaters for maximum enjoyment of HD content. The new GPU also supports xvYCC color which can display a wider range of color when connected to capable HDTVs.
* The HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 4000/ 3000 series (Product Code: HHDMI4071) is required to fully utilize the audio through HDMI features
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series GPUs offer full support for the new DirectX® 10 and DirectX® 10.1 API (Application Program Interface) from Microsoft; ready to meet the demanding needs of new, next generation games. DirectX 10 is the first totally new DirectX in the last 4 years and brings important graphics innovations that can be used by game developers for the next generation of games. DirectX 10 introduces crisp, never-beforeseen detail-rich images, visual effects and game dynamics capable of accurately simulating the real world. No matter which ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series GPU you choose, you can be assured that games will look as good as the developer intended!
ATI CrossFireXTM Technology
ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU technology takes your gaming experience to the next level with superb scalability, performance and compatibility. The technology combines the awe-inspiring capabilities of multiple ATI RadeonTM graphics cards and an ATI CrossFireX ready motherboard to meet the hard-core demands of your alternate reality. New ATI RadeonTM HD graphics cards are designed with an internal ATI CrossFireTM Bridge Interconnect system to simplify installation.
Microsoft® Windows Vista®
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series graphics cards provide support for the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system and take advantage of the Windows AeroTM graphical interface. You will be amazed by the dazzling 3D visual effects and have peace of mind that the ATI CatalystTM software and drivers are designed and thoroughly tested to ensure full compatibility and stability to help keep you up and running. All these new technologies and features make the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series of GPUs the ideal solution for ultimate HD gaming and HD video entertainment with the Windows Vista OS
April 2th, 2009 at 07:36 pm By Smarand George
Well... looks great but. HIS must get rid of that S-Video and replace it with HDMI connector Directly. Maybe on 4890x2? :)
Post your comment
HIS has won over 1000 awards with ATI graphic solution from major media worldwide.
" It holds its own against the more expensive GeForce GTX 275......On a 22-inch or smaller monitor it will still see you through for the next couple of years. " - Scores 82 out of 100 in PC Gamer's Review
" Very good performance in high resolution gaming environment " - Lesnumeriques's 5 stars Review
Benchmark.pl's Super Product Award
" HIS as one of the closest ATI partner have very good components and of course with reasonable selling price. Promising performance is one of the reasons to switch to this vga card and also HIS 4890 very overclockable." - First Benchmarking HIS HD4890 1GB DDR5 Review