About DiRT® 3™
Coming 2011, DiRT 3 will boast more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009’s hit, DiRT 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a top-flight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events.
As players race to elevate their global standing, DiRT 3 delivers mud, sweat and gears world over: from the intense weather-beaten rally stages of Europe, Africa and the US, to executing performance driving showcases and career challenges where car control is pushed to spectacular limits.
Dirt 3 Official Gameplay Trailer (HD)
IceQ Cooling Technology
Cooler HIS 6870 IceQ is 24°C cooler than the Reference Cooler.
HIS 6870 IceQ is over 10dB quieter than the Reference Cooler, significantly reducing noise level.
Optimize cooling performance by removing heat from the core area, providing ultimate solution for professional gamers and HTCP users..
Black Hole Impeller
Cool air is drawn from both sides of the fan to thereby enhance the cooling efficiency.
High Quality Components
High-end components and techniques reinforce stability and durability
- Dynamic Phase Control PWM IC -A significant energy saving technique for reducing power consumption.
- Solid State Choke (SSC) - Durable Iron that can maximize current capacity, power efficiency and stability.
- Full Solid State Capacitors - Extend the lifespan and storage capabilities.
Get Immersed with AMD Eyefinity Technology
- Expand your favorite games across multiple displays with AMD Eyefinity technology for an incredibly expansive field of view..
- Get the freedom and flexibility to upgrade. This modular solution enables you to add more displays when you need them.
- Get more done. Put your productivity into overdrive and let up to three displays put all the information you need right before your eyes.
- Don’t choose between play and work. Let up to 4 displays help you enjoy games, movies and the web at the same time
* ATI Eyefinity technology requires one panel with a DisplayPort connector to enable the third display. DisplayPort to DVI dongle is required for panel with DVI connector
Get Amazing EyeDefinition Graphics with Direct® 11 Technology
- Be ready for the hottest DirectX® 11-capable games with AMD’s second generation graphics with full DirectX® 11 support.
- With lightning-fast frame rates and ultra-realistic effects, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series enables an amazing HD gaming experience.
- Play your favorite games in full stereo 3D, and get incredibly rich and interactive gameplay with AMD HD3D technology.
- With outstanding tessellation performance, AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics are designed to deliver the realistic detail that you deserve.
Speed Up Applications and Enjoy Brilliant Video with AMD EyeSpeed Technology
- Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. Do more, faster.
- Maximize your online and Blu-ray video experiences with a new level of smooth visual quality with AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration technology.
- Experience Blu-ray 3D as it was intended with AMD HD3D technology.
- Take advantage of AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics’ Dolby True HD and 3D HDTV support to create that theatre-quality experience.
Put out Stunning Visual and Unrivaled Audio Experience with HD3D Technology
- Stereo 3D display/glasses support
- Stereo 3D gaming
- Blu-ray™ 3D support
- 3rd Party stereo 3D middleware software support
- Launching with AMD Radeon™ 6800 Series GPUs
HD 6800 Features and Benefits
Microsoft® DirectX® 11 Support
Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery, driven by AMD’s second-generation DirectX® 11-capable graphics.
AMD Eyefinity Technology
Enjoy the ultimate immersive gaming experience with AMD's Eyefinity multi-display capabilities
AMD Advanced Parrallel Processing Technology
Accelerate the most demanding applications for improved performance
Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology
Delivers more speed and higher bandwidth
AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
Increase your gaming performance with AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
3rd Generation TeraScale Engine
Provides increased processing power for the latest games and accelerated applications
40nm Process Technology
Provides enhanced processor performance while using less power and better transistor efficiency than previous generation technology
Accelerated Video Transcoding
Accelerated Video Transcoding
Helps improve video transcoding performance
More flexibility with maximum connectivity for the latest display technologies
Helps ensure you get the full Blu-ray and PVR experience from your PC
Dolby®TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Support
Get a fully immersive high-definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies
AMD PowerPlay™ Technology
Power draw scales according to activity so when GPU activity is low, the power draw is minimal
Enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD 3)
Enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD 3)
Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies, online video and other HD content beyond 1080p with low power and low noise with GPU acceleration and enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3 features
50% off Tridef® 3D Experience Software with Purchase of HIS Radeon™ HD 6800 Series
TriDef® 3D Experience software enables the conversion of 2D to 3D content with the support of AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics.
The Power of HIS
The Excalibur, once owned by the invincible King Arthur, denotes the leader's mighty kingship with its mystical power and fascinating beauty and brings him triumph battle after battle.
Now HIS raises this sword again for gamers.
The Legend reborn... Prepare to conquer the gaming world!
HIS PRODUCTS ADVANTAGE
- HIS delivers Faster, Cooler, Quieter plus the best quality product!
- Professional customer service and technical support
What's in the box
- HIS Graphics Card
- CrossFireXTM Bridge
- 2x Power Cable 2x 4pin in, 6 pin out
- DVI-VGA Adapter
- Install CD with Multilingual User Guide
- Quick Installation Guide
- HIS Power Up Label
- DiRT® 3™ Redemption Coupon
(Starting at mid-June and available while stock last)
|Model Name||HIS 6870 IceQ 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI/2xDVI/2xMini DP|
|Chipset||Radeon HD 6870 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 6870 GPU|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||40nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||1024|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||900Mhz|
|Memory CLK (Gbps)||4.2Gbps|
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Power Supply Requirement||500W minimum|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
|Mini Display Port||Yes|
|DVI||Upper Single-link DVI-D + Bottom Dual-link DVI-I|
HD 6870 System Requirement
- PCI Express ® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot with 2 slots space available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive, a keyboard, a mouse, and a display
- DVD playback requires DVD drive and a DVD
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray disc
- For an AMD CrossFireX™ system, a second AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series Graphics card, an AMD CrossFireX™ Ready motherboard and one AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect cable is required
December 31th, 2011 at 10:35 am By Derek O
I've had this card for about two months now. I'm an avid PC gamer and won the card in an online contest. I used to have a HIS 5770 HD card which crashed on me all the time until one of the HIS technicians helped me by suggesting changing the clock settings using MSI Afterburner, which worked like a charm.
With this new card, I haven't had a single crash since. This card is everything you've read here. It's big (I had to shell out to get a HAF Cooler Master to accommodate the card which is about a foot long.) It is also whisper quiet. The best part is the performance. To me, a graphics card is working best when I forget it's there: it runs flawlessly, it's quiet, and it easily handles the high end games I throw at it. The 6870 has done this all. I'd definitely pay for this card and I'm considering upgrading to a crossfire mobo so I can hook up another one.
December 5th, 2011 at 02:43 am By drose12
Overall this is a great video card, and I definitely recommend that you buy it! Amazingly quiet and the price for performance on this card can't be beat!
- Blazing fast graphics! You can play Battlefield 3 at Ultra settings using 1920 x 1280 resolutions!
- Eyefinity support, I ran with three monitors (20" - 28" - 20" ) and this adds a completely new gaming experience!
- This card is amazingly quiet!
- This card is long, be sure you check your case dimensions as for my case the Antec Sonata III 500, it was tight fit.
- Three monitor setup would not allow me to use the HDMI port and the two DVI ports, only the mini display port and two DVI ports.
- Had to buy another mini display port to DVI adapter.
See full review at: http://drcs.ca/blog/his-iceq-radeon-hd-6870-review/
November 30th, 2011 at 10:54 am By Kenneth Rose
I just recently purchased this card and I must confess that I'm rediculously happy with it. I did have an XFX 6870, but sold it and purchased two of the HIS IceQ cards to replace it, intending to run them in crossfire. Running just one I noticed that the heat dissipation was far better, it ran cooler, and allowed for a heavy overclock before it reached the temperature that the XFX 6870 did at stock clock speeds.
Running two of them in crossfire was, to put it quite simply, amazing. All the games I run now can be played at full with no texture popping, extremely high framerates (even running intensive games such as the Crysis series)and all without running over 60 degrees Celsius.
All in all, I'd reccommend this graphics card to anybody that wants great prices and fantastic performance for modern games, and it's just a small upgrade to install another one in crossfire to keep up with even more intenstive games that come out in the future.
Just one warning to customers however, make sure your case can fit the card as it comes in at nearly 29cm -- the last thing you want is to open up your new card eager to test it and find that it doesn't fit.
November 28th, 2011 at 12:20 pm By Josh
Pros- Great Price/Performance. Fast, Quiet, Cool. Ran all my games flawlessy. Comes with Dirt3, and the graphics are stunning.
Cons- Big, most cards in this perfomance range are. Would suggest a mid to full size tower.
Have a 5570 and this card is a big upgrade.
November 14th, 2011 at 11:38 am By Klaus
After receiving this HIS IceQ 6870 and upon opening it i just thought wow this is a big beast, and i actually had to get a new case which i was going to get anyways and i fitted this beast into a Coolermaster Storm Enforcer case which you can remove a few hdd cages if need be and it then has plenty of room for this GPU.
Every game i testing this GPU on ran no more that 56c in temperature and fan speed no more than 50% and evety game ran very nice and no lagging and very quiet so i could really enjoy the game.
For the price range of this GPU it is well worth the money and you will not be disappointed in the performance and quiet and cool temperature running of the HIS IceQ 6870 GPU.
And the craftsmanship that went into this GPU by HIS is top notch.
November 10th, 2011 at 12:35 pm By Larry
I replaced my HIS HD 5850 iCooler V 1GB (256bit) GDDR5 PCIe with the HIS 6870 IceQ 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E. The 900 MHz Core Clock and 4200 MHz Memory Clock speed of this card makes a noticeable difference in game play and overall performance. It runs cool and quiet and is an awesome card for the price. I don't overclock but I am sure that the potential is there for those of you that do.
November 8th, 2011 at 10:47 am By Trevor
I love this card, it’s very quite and fast and graphic is awesome… This card improves most of my games and applications from 37% to 65% in fps from my previous card. My graphic is very smooth. The next thing I will do is to install DiRT 3, and get 2 more monitors to connect. This HIS HD 6870 IceQ 1GB card is one of the very best video cards out there with packs of features, best for affordable, performs extremely well.
November 3th, 2011 at 11:45 am By Justin
After benchmarking and testing a few different games, I have to honestly say that the HIS IceQ Radeon HD 6870 is the best card i have had my hands on. A little large, I was barely able to fit the beast in my mid-size ATX case due to a small rack that was part of the case itself. After install my case is still cool and has no signs of overheating, and it actually is quieter than it was with my old video card! This thing flies! I have the monster hooked up to a 23" monitor via DVI, as well as a 46" high end TV via HDMI; the picture is crystal clear on both sets, and runs Dirt 3 and New Vegas great on the large screen with no lag! I would recommend this card to anyone looking to upgrade to a decent video card, I may not need to upgrade another for quite a while! Great job HIS, keep up the awesome work, and I will keep up my support!
November 1th, 2011 at 10:04 am By Dustin @ DigitalHippos.com
I have been nothing but extremely impressed with the time I've had so far with HIS 6870 IceQ. It runs fast, it runs cool and quiet. It is a fantastic value for the price and even more potential with a ton of overclock potential. I can't wait to see what HIS does next!
Check out our full review and video at:
October 31th, 2011 at 12:59 pm By DJ Dixon
Runs Extremely Cool and Quiet
Does not require much power for the produced results
Great Mid-Range Performance
If you would like to read my In-Depth review of the HIS HD 6870 IceQ 1GB please enter the link below. Thank You.
Overall 100% awesome product and customer service!
Post your comment
HIS has won over 1000 awards with ATI graphic solution from major media worldwide.
"The fan speed follows temperature changes promptly and delivers good and quiet cooling performance. The other great thing is that this model clocks up nicely too; +100MHz GPU core and +200MHz Memory is a very good overclock and the HIS HD6870 IceQ 1GB produced an excellent 14% average increase in benchmark scores becausee of this." Benchmark Reviews "Recommended Product"
"The HIS 6870 IceQ 1GB GDDR5 Video Card is one of the best all around video card on the planet. While it's not the fastest video card, it won't break the bank, but it performs very well and is loaded with excellent features. If you want more performance, just add another in a crossfire setup." 3D GameMan "Kickass Gameman's Choice"
"Overall, the card fits in its mid-range segment quite well in performance as well pricing, landing right in the middle of each essentially. As far as choosing between all the 6870′s on the market and this one, the 6870 IceQ from HIS should be a front-runner to buyers due to its superior cooling, quieter operation, and good price point, especially when compared with the reference models." Overclockers.com "Approved"
"With the GPU overclocked to 985MHz and the VRAM at MHz 1205MHz (GDDR 4820MHz) the HIS Radeon HD 6870 IceQ wasn’t even audible when stress testing. Other Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards built around the AMD reference design sound like they are trying to suck all the air out of the room." Legion Hardware "Performance Award"
"Overall a Mid-Range Gaming Card for a Mid-Range Gaming Resolution and this card will run anything and everything you can possibly throw at it without breaking a sweat. In fact the card never rose above 60c in my case when gaming for long sessions. If you’re in the market for a gaming card for your 1440×900 or so monitor, then look no further. This is the card you want." Go!GamingGiant "G3 Green 'Best Bang For Buck' Award"
"The HIS 6870 IceQ is one of the best video card values on the market today. If you want to upgrade your current PC or jump into PC gaming for the first time, this is a great choice." Digital Hippos "5 Stars Rating"
"HIS HD 6870 ICEQ is exactly what the name describes: ice cold, and if that is not enough, the card remains ninja silent, the big cooler is simply not to be heard in my case. The card itself performs quite reasonable, you may wonder why HIS has not chosen to factory overclock the card when the cooler is so good. This is up to the end user, which some may think is great. The little cards last great feature is the low power consumption as some users appreciate. The cooler is much larger than necessary, but it works really well and makes this card the best 6870 I've tested." HwT.dk "Silver Award"
"That said, HIS has done a very good job here with the 6870 1GB IceQ by adding a custom heatsink that dramatically improves temperatures and noise levels. The temperatures are the very best we've seen on a Radeon 6870 amongst all competitors, and the fan is barely audible at idle and still wonderfully quiet under full load. Further, the addition of a free game in the package is an outstanding value for consumers." PureOverclock "Great Hardware"
"HIS has done a very good job here with the 6870 IceQ 1GB by adding a custom heatsink that dramatically improves temperatures and noise levels. The temperatures are the very best we've seen on a Radeon 6870 amongst all competitors, and the fan is barely audible at idle and still wonderfully quiet under full load."
PureOverclock "Great Value"