iCooler IV Cooling Technology
iCooler IV features a high performance dual slot cooler. Massive amount of cool air is drawn from the central cooler to cool down the internal fins directly. Heat from the 4850 GPU can rapidly transfer to internal fins that extend under the cooler. The optimized iCooler fan design allows air flow to pass in and out and removes heat effectively. With efficient central powerful cooling, the iCooler IV offer excellent cooling and noise control performance for the system.
- Faster: Heat transfers rapidly out of GPU and reduces temperature instantly
- Cooler: Award-winning and performance leading iCooler technology with 10°C lower than reference cooler
- Quieter: iCooler IV excel in noise management. It's extremely quite and noise level is less than 28dB
|Massive amount of air is drawn from the central cooler
to cool down the fins underneath
|The cooler design optimize for air ventilation
that enhance cooling performance
|Excellent cooling solution with 10°C
cooler than reference cooler
|iCooler IV excels in noise management.
Noise level is less than 28dB
- Powered by Radeon® HD 4850 GPU
- 956 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- 800 stream processing units
- DirectX® 10.1
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- Use up to four discrete cards with an AMD 790FX based motherboard
- Built-in Native HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
What's in the box
- HIS Graphics Card
- Power Cable 2x 4pin in, 6 pin out
- Install CD with Multilingual User Guide and BumpTop
- Quick Installation Guide
- HIS Power Up Label
|Model Name||HIS HD 4850 iCooler IV (Full HD 1080p) Native HDMI 1GB (256bit) GDDR3 Dual Link-DVI / VGA / HDMI (HDCP) PCIe (RoHS)
|Chipset||Radeon HD 4800 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 4800 GPU|
|Pixel Pipelines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Vertex Engines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||55nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||1024|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||625|
|Memory CLK (MHz)||1986|
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Power Supply Requirement||450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)|
|Max. Resolution||Two x 2560*1600 (Dual dual-link)|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
- ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card are required
For more information, please visit the following link:
Redefine HD Gaming
The ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPUs deliver a cinematic gaming experience with unprecedented performance. The powerful new TeraScale graphics will propel you deep into your gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions. Enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Play today while preparing for tomorrow with tessellation, support for DirectX® 10.1 and scalable ATI CrossFireXTM technology.
ATI AvivoTM HD Technology
ATI AvivoTM HD is the advanced image and video processing and display technology found in ATI RadeonTM HD GPUs and ATI TheaterTM video capture processors. Specifically designed for HDTV and HD video enthusiasts, ATI Avivo HD provides brilliant colors, sharp images, smooth playback of Blu-rayTM* and HD video content, HDMI with built-in multi-channel digital audio, and on some GPUs, Unified Video Decoding (UVD). UVD is designed to enable a cool and quiet media PC with low CPU power requirements and playback of HD 1080p content. HD Monitor is required for full 1080p enjoyment.
Native HDMI Video and Audio
A system with an ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series graphics card can help enhance the HD entertainment experience by providing a seamless connection to an HDTV or home theater system. With built-in 7.1 surround sound audio (AC3 / DTS ), the new GPUs and graphics cards support single cable connection directly to a compatible HDTV, projector or receiver. This single cable carries both the HD video and 8 channel audio for a clean, high definition connection. It will be equipped with an Native HDMI connector. These options give consumers more options and flexibility when connecting their PCs to monitors or home theaters for maximum enjoyment of HD content. The new GPU also supports xvYCC color which can display a wider range of color when connected to capable HDTVs.
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series GPUs offer full support for the new DirectX® 10 and DirectX® 10.1 API (Application Program Interface) from Microsoft; ready to meet the demanding needs of new, next generation games. DirectX 10 is the first totally new DirectX in the last 4 years and brings important graphics innovations that can be used by game developers for the next generation of games. DirectX 10 introduces crisp, never-beforeseen detail-rich images, visual effects and game dynamics capable of accurately simulating the real world. No matter which ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series GPU you choose, you can be assured that games will look as good as the developer intended!
ATI CrossFireXTM Technology
ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU technology takes your gaming experience to the next level with superb scalability, performance and compatibility. The technology combines the awe-inspiring capabilities of multiple ATI RadeonTM graphics cards and an ATI CrossFireX ready motherboard to meet the hard-core demands of your alternate reality. New ATI RadeonTM HD graphics cards are designed with an internal ATI CrossFireTM Bridge Interconnect system to simplify installation.
Microsoft® Windows Vista®
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series graphics cards provide support for the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system and take advantage of the Windows AeroTM graphical interface. You will be amazed by the dazzling 3D visual effects and have peace of mind that the ATI CatalystTM software and drivers are designed and thoroughly tested to ensure full compatibility and stability to help keep you up and running. All these new technologies and features make the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series of GPUs the ideal solution for ultimate HD gaming and HD video entertainment with the Windows Vista OS
October 5th, 2010 at 08:01 pm By Mr. Thorpe
Very nice "Bang for the BUCK!" card, Paid $109 at newegg.com
Drivers worked perfect on an XP PC right out the box, even the sound through HDMI. Runs Modern Warfare 4, MW 2, and SF4 at full tilt no sweat! Though Shadows on the new F1 2010 had to be dropped to low or you'll get some chop. GTA 4 still under 24 FPS even on lower settings tough that may be due my 3.4 Pentium D CPU.
Card runs pretty cool, 43-45c at idle and 52-56c at load.