The innovative iCooler x3 Cooler
iCooler x3 features a high performance dual slot cooler. It comes with three 6mm copper heatpipes which transfer heat effectively from the GPU to the internal fins around the central fan. Thanks to the elegant design and smoothness of iCooler fan shroud, massive amount of cool air is drawn from the central cooler to cool down the internal fins and heatpipes directly.
|Massive amount of air is drawn from the central cooler
to cool down the fins and heatpipes inside
|The fan shroud design optimize for air ventilation
that enhance cooling performance
To provide the ultimate heat conductivity larger surface area, iCooler x3 features three 6mm copper heatpipes which extend directly from the powerful 4870 GPU core. Heat from the 4870 GPU can rapidly transfer through heatpipes to fins that extend beyond the cooler. The optimized iCooler fan shroud design allows air flow to pass in and out and removes heat effectively. Together with the VRM heatsinks, iCooler x3 provides a great cooling platform for HD 4870.
|iCooler x3 excels in noise management and
is 10dB quieter than reference cooler
|iCooler x3 transfer heat out of the GPU effectively.|
- Faster: Heat transfers rapidly out of GPU and reduces temperature instantly
- Cooler: Award-winning and performance leading iCooler Technology with enhacement of 3 heatpipe to transfer heat out faster
- Quieter: 10 dB lower than 4870 original cooler on ATI reference design
HD 4870 Peformance Benchmarks
- Innovative iCooler Cooling Technology
- Powered by Radeon® HD 4870 GPU
- 956 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- 800 stream processing units
- DirectX® 10.1
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- Use up to four discrete cards with an AMD 790FX based motherboard
- Built-in Native HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
HIS PRODUCTS ADVANTAGE
- HIS delivers Faster, Cooler, Quieter plus the best quality product!
- Professional customer service and technical support
What's in the box
- HIS Graphics Card
- ATI CrossFireXTM Bridge Interconnect
- 2 x Power Cable 2x 4pin in, 6 pin out
- Install CD with Multilingual User Guide and BumpTop
- Quick Installation Guide
- HIS Power Up Label
|Model Name||HIS HD 4870 iCooler x3 (Full HD 1080p) Native HDMI 512MB (256bit) GDDR5 Dual Link-DVI / VGA / HDMI (HDCP) PCIe (RoHS)
|Chipset||Radeon HD 4800 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 4870 GPU|
|Pixel Pipelines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Vertex Engines||800 stream processing units* (Unified)|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||55nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||512|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||750|
|Memory CLK (MHz)||3600|
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Max. Resolution||1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
|Power Supply Requirement||500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)|
- ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card are required
For more information, please visit the following link:
Redefine HD Gaming
The ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPUs deliver a cinematic gaming experience with unprecedented performance. The powerful new TeraScale graphics will propel you deep into your gameplay with seamless frame rates and high resolutions. Enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Play today while preparing for tomorrow with tessellation, support for DirectX® 10.1 and scalable ATI CrossFireXTM technology.
ATI AvivoTM HD Technology
ATI AvivoTM HD is the advanced image and video processing and display technology found in ATI RadeonTM HD GPUs and ATI TheaterTM video capture processors. Specifically designed for HDTV and HD video enthusiasts, ATI Avivo HD provides brilliant colors, sharp images, smooth playback of Blu-rayTM* and HD video content, HDMI with built-in multi-channel digital audio, and on some GPUs, Unified Video Decoding (UVD). UVD is designed to enable a cool and quiet media PC with low CPU power requirements and playback of HD 1080p content. HD Monitor is required for full 1080p enjoyment.
Native HDMI Video and Audio
A system with an ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series graphics card can help enhance the HD entertainment experience by providing a seamless connection to an HDTV or home theater system. With built-in 7.1 surround sound audio (AC3 / DTS ), the new GPUs and graphics cards support single cable connection directly to a compatible HDTV, projector or receiver. This single cable carries both the HD video and 8 channel audio for a clean, high definition connection. It will be equipped with an HDMI connector. These options give consumers more options and flexibility when connecting their PCs to monitors or home theaters for maximum enjoyment of HD content. The new GPU also supports xvYCC color which can display a wider range of color when connected to capable HDTVs.
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series GPUs offer full support for the new DirectX® 10 and DirectX® 10.1 API (Application Program Interface) from Microsoft; ready to meet the demanding needs of new, next generation games. DirectX 10 is the first totally new DirectX in the last 4 years and brings important graphics innovations that can be used by game developers for the next generation of games. DirectX 10 introduces crisp, never-beforeseen detail-rich images, visual effects and game dynamics capable of accurately simulating the real world. No matter which ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 Series GPU you choose, you can be assured that games will look as good as the developer intended!
ATI CrossFireXTM Technology
ATI CrossFireXTM multi-GPU technology takes your gaming experience to the next level with superb scalability, performance and compatibility. The technology combines the awe-inspiring capabilities of multiple ATI RadeonTM graphics cards and an ATI CrossFireX ready motherboard to meet the hard-core demands of your alternate reality. New ATI RadeonTM HD graphics cards are designed with an internal ATI CrossFireTM Bridge Interconnect system to simplify installation.
Microsoft® Windows Vista®
ATI RadeonTM HD 4800 series graphics cards provide support for the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system and take advantage of the Windows AeroTM graphical interface. You will be amazed by the dazzling 3D visual effects and have peace of mind that the ATI CatalystTM software and drivers are designed and thoroughly tested to ensure full compatibility and stability to help keep you up and running. All these new technologies and features make the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series of GPUs the ideal solution for ultimate HD gaming and HD video entertainment with the Windows Vista OS
Post your comment
HIS has won over 1700 awards with AMD graphic solutions from major media worldwide.
HIS 4870 iCooler x3 PCIe Video Review - 3Dgameman Great Gamer Pick Award