About DiRT® 3™
Coming 2011, DiRT 3 will boast more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009’s hit, DiRT 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a top-flight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events.
As players race to elevate their global standing, DiRT 3 delivers mud, sweat and gears world over: from the intense weather-beaten rally stages of Europe, Africa and the US, to executing performance driving showcases and career challenges where car control is pushed to spectacular limits.
Dirt 3 Official Gameplay Trailer (HD)
IceQ X Cooling Technology
Make your Overclocking dream comes true!
The HIS IceQ X Turbo models are bios-overclocked out of the box, and thus brings the immersive gamers the best over-clocking potential.
HIS 6950 IceQ X is cooler than the Reference Cooler.
- Thanks to the 9.2cm silent fan, massive amount of cool air is drawn from the central fan to cool down the GPU and graphics card directly.
- 4 heatpipes optimize cooling performance by removing heat from the core area, providing ultimate solution for professional gamers and HTCP users.
HIS 6950 IceQ X is quieter than the Reference Cooler.
High Quality Components
High-end components and techniques reinforce stability and durability.
- Dynamic Phase Control PWM IC - A significant energy saving technique for reducing power consumption.
- Solid State Choke (SSC) - Durable Iron that can maximize current capacity, power efficiency and stability.
- Full Solid State Capacitors - Extend the lifespan and storage capabilities.
Get Immersed with AMD Eyefinity Technology
- Featuring 2GB of high-speed GDDR5 memory, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series is primed to enable ultra high-res multimonitor gaming.
- Expand your favorite games across up to 4 displays with AMD Eyefinity technology for an incredibly expansive field of view.
- See more of the battle than ever before with up to 4 simultaneous displays enabling an intense “wrap around” experience to put you right into the game.
- Get the freedom and flexibility to upgrade. This modular solution enables you to add additional displays as you need them.
- Get more done. Put your productivity into overdrive and let up to 4 displays put all the information you need right before your eyes.
- Don’t choose between play and work. Let up to 4 displays help you enjoy games, movies and the web at the same time.
Get Amazing EyeDefinition Graphics with Direct® 11 Technology
- Be ready to crush the competition in the hottest DirectX® 11-capable games with a new and advanced architecture featuring full DirectX® 11 support and scalable geometry processing.
- Featuring a new and advanced architecture with scalable geometry processing, the AMD Radeon HD™ 6900 Series is purpose-built to dominate your games.
- Maximum efficiency. Maximum performance. AMD PowerTune technology in the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series puts exceptionally intelligent power management under your control.
- With unbelievable frame rates and flawless graphics, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series is the ultimate solution for serious gamers.
- Raise the bar for beautifully smooth image quality with Enhanced Quality Anti-Aliasing (EQAA) on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series.
- With dual advanced programmable tessellation engines, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series delivers more than twice the geometry processing performance of the previous generation.
- Play your favorite games in full stereo 3D, and get incredibly rich and interactive gameplay with AMD HD3D technology.
Speed Up Applications and Enjoy Brilliant Video with AMD EyeSpeed Technology
- Unleash the most demanding applications with AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. Do more, faster.
- Supports double precision floating point arithmetic to handle computationally intense workloads.
- Perfect your online and Blu-ray video experiences with a new level of smooth visual quality with AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration technology.
- Experience Blu-ray 3D as it was intended with AMD HD3D technology.
- Take advantage of AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series graphics’ Dolby TrueHD and 3D HDTV support to create that theatre-quality experience.
Put out Stunning Visual and Unrivaled Audio Experience with HD3D Technology
- Stereo 3D display/glasses support
- Stereo 3D gaming
- Blu-ray™ 3D support
- 3rd Party stereo 3D middleware software support
- Launching with AMD Radeon™ 6900 Series GPUs
HD 6900 Features and Benefits
Microsoft® DirectX® 11 Support
Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery, driven by a new and advanced DirectX® 11-capable architecture with scalable geometry processing.
AMD Eyefinity Technology
Enjoy the ultimate immersive gaming experience with AMD's Eyefinity multi-display capabilities
AMD Advanced Parallel Processing technology
Accelerate the most demanding applications for improved performance
Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology
Delivers more speed and higher bandwidth
AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
Increase your gaming performance with AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
3rd Generation TeraScale Engine
Provides increased processing power for the latest games and accelerated applications
40nm Process Technology
Provides enhanced processor performance while using less power and better transistor efficiency than previous generation technology
Accelerated Video Transcoding
Accelerated Video Transcoding
Helps improve video transcoding performance
More flexibility with maximum connectivity for the latest display technologies
Helps ensure you get the full Blu-ray and PVR experience from your PC
Dolly®TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Support
Get a fully immersive high-definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies
AMD PowerPlay™ Technology
Power draw scales according to activity so when GPU activity is low, the power draw is minimal
Enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3
Enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3
Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies, online video and other HD content beyond 1080p with low power and low noise with GPU acceleration and enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3 features
The Power of HIS
The Excalibur, once owned by the invincible King Arthur, denotes the leader's mighty kingship with its mystical power and fascinating beauty and brings him triumph battle after battle.
Now HIS raises this sword again for gamers.
The Legend reborn... Prepare to conquer the gaming world!
HIS PRODUCTS ADVANTAGE
- HIS delivers Faster, Cooler, Quieter plus the best quality product!
- Professional customer service and technical support
What's in the box
- HIS Graphics Card
- CrossFireXTM Bridge
- 2x Power Cable 2x 4pin in, 6 pin out
- DVI-VGA Adapter
- Install CD with Multilingual User Guide
- Quick Installation Guide
- HIS Power Up Label
- DiRT® 3™ Redemption Coupon
(Starting at mid-June and available while stock last)
|Model Name||HIS 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI/2xDVI/2xDP|
|Chipset||Radeon HD 6950 PCIe Series|
|ASIC||RadeonTM HD 6950 GPU|
|Manu. Process (Micron)||40nm|
|Memory Size (MB)||2048|
|Engine CLK (MHz)||840Mhz|
|Memory CLK (Gbps)||5.12Gbps|
|Memory Interface (bit)||256|
|Power Supply Requirement||500 Watt or greater power|
|Max. Resolution||2560*1600 (Single Display)|
|Bus Interface||PCI Express x16|
|Mini Display Port||Yes|
|DVI||Upper Single-link DVI-D + Bottom Dual-link DVI-I|
HD 6950 System Requirement
- PCI Express ® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot with 2 slots space available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive, a keyboard, a mouse, and a display
- DVD playback requires DVD drive and a DVD
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray disc
- For an AMD CrossFireX™ system, a second AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series graphics card, an AMD CrossFireX™ Ready motherboard and one AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect cable is required
October 20th, 2011 at 09:48 pm By Dominic
This is the best card I ever had. Runs everything on ultra settings (on bf3), super cool and super quiet... I cant even hear it at all... my case fans are louder than this (and it the case fans are already very quiet).
July 31th, 2011 at 09:54 am By Vance Mitchell
I put the IceQ 6950 in my new amd 1100T build and all i can say is WOW.
I can happily play dirt 3 in eyefinity at 5760 x 1080 at max settings with no stutter or noticeable drop in framerates.
The card stays next to silent thanks to the IceQ cooler as well even under heavy gameplay, it has to be experienced to be believed.
I would love to see what two of these cards would do in crossfire but I havent been able to stress this card enough to justify the extra card, I am sure that as games progress though that this card will keep up for quite a while and when it does start to slow down I know I only have to purchase another and I will be back up there with the best of them thanks to its excellent scalability once crossfired.
Overall an excellent card and highly reccomended to anyone considering a graphics update.
July 19th, 2011 at 01:41 pm By David De Bolt
This card is about as close to perfection as it gets. The framerates are incredible, the gameplay is phenominal, stutter and hic up free, and Blu Ray's and DVD's are crystal clear.
This is my third HIS IceQ X card, and I can only say I am continually impressed.
I put the card to the test on L4D2, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II, Day of Defeat Source, Lost Planet 2, Need for Speed Shift, Crysis and of course Dirt 3. I turned all the settings to max and WOW! It is pure enjoyment. All gameplay and eye candy. I have a 26" 1080p HD LED monitor and the picture is flawless.
I was building a new system a few months ago and knew a high end graphics card was essential to building the system I had always wanted. I was checking out all the different cards when I came across the HIS IceQ X series. The looks are distinctive and unique and right there I decided that this was the card. Not at all like traditional black and red. The glacial blue complemented the case and color scheme I was working on. The silver heat pipes just glisten and stand out with the case lighting. I read the reviews, checked out the tech sites, and that sealed the deal. I bought my first IceQ 6850 a few months ago and put it to the test. I liked it so much, I bought a second and crossfired them. I was working on a second system when this card arrived, and it is just phenominal. This card takes everything I throw at it and asks for more.
This isn't just a spectacular looking card. It is very well built and substantial. The quality and performance are top of the line. It is everything advertised and more. Very Cool (and not just temps) very quiet, and very fast. And even faster if you go through the Vision control center into AMD overdrive =)
I highly recommend HIS products, and this card in particular. It has taken my gameplay and overall entertainment enjoyment to the next level. I am now a dedicated HIS supporter and look forward to more cutting edge products and innovations. The one thing I really look forward to is adding another IceQ X Turbo and crossfiring them. I can only imagine what 4GB's can do.
June 16th, 2011 at 07:52 am By Michael Lunse
I run an Intel i7-950, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 MB, with a 30” monitor at 2560 x 1600 and a 22” monitor at 1050 x 1680 . Everything I have runs at stock speeds, no overclocking.
My new HIS HD6950 IceQX is the quietest card I have come across when putting out for my systems needs. Not only is it quiet it runs about 7°C cooler than my old HIS HD5870.
- runs quiet, very quiet
- runs overall very cool
- does everything I need it to do in gaming in single card configuration (Far Cry 2, MoH, Sniper, etc) at 2560 x 1600, almost max setting
- price point is very attractive
- compared to my HD5870, the HD6950 has:
a) 5% - 10% better performance in Passmark 3D
b) 5% poorer performance in Passmark 2D
c) 10% - 15% better performance in 3D Mark 11
d) 8% - 10% better performance in 3D Mark Vantage
Overall an excellent card with excellent overclocking capabilities taking all factors into account - I consider this a superb card for the gaming universe at a price you can't beat (you can always spend more but why would you and if in the future the urge for more horsepower bites you then go crossfire).
5 out of 5 score.
Post your comment
HIS has won over 1000 awards with ATI graphic solution from major media worldwide.
"The HIS IceQ Turbo X 6950 has shown us very clearly the potential in it, whether alone or in Crossfire team - absolutely convincing from our perspective. It offers good value for money and adequate facilities" Review-Center "Value for Money Award"
"The three HIS 6950 IceQ interestingly shows a more balanced picture. In addition, the HIS combination performs 10% higher." Tom's Hardware
"Performs over non-overclocked models, with inaudiable noise, this HIS card worths a purchase." GameStar "Scores 82 out of 100"